"In order for us to continue to grow and be competitive, it’s necessary that we have reliable and flexible partners. We feel that we have found that partner in 1337 Logistics."
A few years ago the two friends Christopher and Ted came up with the idea of starting a business together. Shortly after, Esvama was founded. A new, strong player had entered the plastics market.
- It has been a fantastic and educational journey, says Christopher Holtenfjord, co-owner of Esvama.
The company Esvama was founded in 2016 and today they offer different types of plastics/polymers to their customers. It can be difficult to understand what that means for a rookie within the plastics industry. Easily put, you can say that Esvama sale volume patches to customer. The customers then melt down the granules to make different products – it can be anything from food packaging to technically advanced components in cars. Esvama’s products are currently available on the Scandinavian and Baltic markets, as well as in the UK.
The people behind the company are two friends from Skåne who both live in Löddeköpinge, a small town just outside Lund.
- We actually got to know each other through our children’s preschool, says Christopher and continues:
- My colleague, Ted Stolt, has worked in the plastics industry almost his entire career. For me it was something completely new, and I had to learn everything from scratch. Once we had the idea, it did not take long for us to get started. Obviously, we started on a very small scale. At that time, Ted’s contacts within the plastics industry were extremely important for us.
It wasn’t long before they noticed that Esvama was doing really well. Since the start in 2016, they have grown rapidly. The first year they had a turnover of 2 million SEK. Four years later, 2020’s turnover is estimated to be around 28 million SEK.
According to Christopher, the good result depends on some important success factors.
- We have a very broad portfolio and suppliers throughout Europe. We can always get everything the customer wants. Since we are a pretty small company, we have a flexibility that customers appreciate. As always, it’s important to have competitive prices – which is also something we have. It has been a fantastic and educational journey.
“The collaboration with 1337 Logistics has worked very well”
As Esvama continued to grow, they began to look for a logistics partner in Sweden. What was the most important aspect that they took in consideration? Well, they needed the warehouse to be placed in a strategic location.
They searched – and the choice finally fell on 1337 Logistics.
- We had our first meeting with Roger, CEO of 1337 Logistics, when the warehouse wasn’t even completed. I remember that we had the meeting on a couple of folding chairs. But almost immediately, we could feel that 1337 were really, really good at logistics.
The collaboration between 1337 Logistics and Esvama started in the beginning of 2020.
- We were attracted by the flexibility they could offer. On the one hand, they could assist with fast deliveries, and on the other hand, they had the capacity to handle full trucks. The warehouse is also located in a really strategic place, says Christopher and adds:
- In order for us to continue to grow and be competitive, it’s necessary that we have reliable and flexible partners. We feel that we have found that partner in 1337 Logistics. The collaboration has worked very well so far.